Take Care of the Garage Door Opener11/03/2013 Back To Blog
The power of habit leads many people to do some things without thinking or ignore significant changes in the familiar environment and this is not usually to their benefit. It is obvious that you cannot follow the exact movements of your garage door every time you are pressing the garage door clicker but if you pay some attention to the funny sounds that you couldn't hear yesterday, you may prevent serious and high priced damages or even injuries.
Opener details determine your safety
The proper operation of openers depends on their good condition, which is ensured by good, regular and thorough troubleshooting and garage door opener repair. When you start turning your back to little problems, you will enter the risky cat and mouse game. Funny noises may come and go until one day the problems will be too big to deal with them on your own. So, the specialists of Garage Door Repair Bellevue suggest paying attention to details that will make a difference to your safety and pocket.
• It is prudent to do garage door adjustment often in order to ensure that the door is balanced properly and doesn't leave gaps when it closes down on the ground.
• Don't forget the importance of remote controls. They may lose communication with the opener and in this case they would require reprogramming, good cleaning or changing the batteries.
• If you hear strange noises, you should check the chain drive garage door opener. You might need to lubricate the chain or perhaps replace it, if it's old. If the noise continues, you should check other mechanical parts like the rollers or the springs.
• If the opener seems to work fine but the door is moving with a much slower pace or stops at a particular point, you should check the condition of the garage door springs and cables. This may be caused by loose cables or springs, which have lost their flexibility.
• If the door keeps reversing its movement, there is definitely something wrong with the sensors.
• If the door remains open although you have timed it to close, you should check the timer.